LB Training Academy
Complaints Policy and Procedure
Our aim is to provide the best service possible, and while we always strive to achieve this, there will be times when the client is unhappy with the service. We aim to handle complaints quickly in an effective, fair and honest way.
The policy aims to ensure that:
All members of the public know how to feedback to LB Training Academy and the process of making a complaint is simple;
All staff treat feedback seriously and deal with it promptly, efficiently, courteously and keep the customer informed of the progress;
Improved customer relations are built by resolving feedback during the initial stages wherever possible.
All feedback is recorded and monitored so that we learn from feedback and take action to improve services.
The Definition of a Complaint
A complaint is…
“An expression of dissatisfaction regarding LB Training Academy standard of training, service, action or lack of action”.
Please note that a complaint is not “An initial request for a service to be delivered”.
Who Can Make a Complaint?
Any member of the public or their representatives, staff, businesses, public and voluntary bodies can make a complaint about LB Training Academy.
How a Complaint Can be Made
· Verbally – to the tutor or head office
· Email –
· Letter– to the head office in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
1 Vale Road
The Complaints Process
1. All complaints are addressed to the customer service manager. A response should be made within 7 working days. This is regardless of how the complaint or expression of dissatisfaction is made.
2. If you feel the response to your complaint under stage one is unsatisfactory, the next stage is for the complaint to be referred to the Management Team in writing who will investigate further and liaise with any additional staff, trainers or students whose information may help resolve the complaint
3. You will receive a response within 10 working days. If an interim reply is needed, you will be given a timescale by which a full reply will be received.
4. If you feel the response to your complaint is still not satisfactory, you must advise us within one calendar month of the date of the response from Stage 2 otherwise the case will be closed. If advised in writing within one calendar month the relevant Director or Manager will then conduct an Internal Review.
At this stage all communication will be with the Director or Manager only. A full response will normally be received within 15 - 21 days.
All complaints are treated with confidentiality in mind. Only the customer service manager will be aware that a complaint has been received and is being dealt with. Where the complaint extends to the training service, whilst the tutor and other students relevant to the complaint may be requested to provide information to satisfy the complaint, this will be handled appropriately as to not prejudice further training or assessments.
Aggressive or Obsessive Complaints
LB Training Academy wants to deal fairly and honestly with complainants and ensure that other users, clients and staff do not suffer detriment from persons making vexatious complaints. Abuse to trainers or staff members will not be tolerated. All escalated complaints will be dealt with in writing by the Director or Manager only, members of staff and trainers will no longer be able to discuss this matter either verbally or in writing with the complainant.
LB Training Academy aims to handle all complaints fairly and honestly regardless of who makes a complaint. LB Training Academy treats all members of the community equitably and will not show bias to any particular individual or group.
Matters that are Outside the Policy
The following matters are not included in this policy:
Complaints which are subject to legal proceedings
All complaints are logged and recorded and analysed as part of the customer service satisfaction procedure.